Easy Stuffed Avocado Boats
Looking for the perfect summer appetizer to cool down? The hunt is over! This low-calorie vegan avocado recipe will wow your tastebuds and keep you super satiated. Between the healthy fat from the avocado and the low glycemic quinoa and black beans, this is a hearty vegan meal that will impress even your meat-loving friends. Stuffed avocado boats for the win!
As the new adage goes, "An avocado a day, keeps the doctor away." Right?
- 3 avocados
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 red peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Prepare all your veggies! Chop your onion, peppers, and tomatoes. Shuck the corn and remove from the cob. Add all of your veggies, black beans, and quinoa to a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive or avocado oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees and roast veggies until nice & toasty! I like to turn veggies (very carefully!) once or twice to ensure they're light brown on both sides.
- While your veggies are toasting up, fire up your grill.
- Peel your avocados, drizzle with oil, and place them flesh side down on the grill until charred.
- Remove your veggies from the oven, stuff the avocados with your veggie filling, and enjoy!
- Optional: top with cilantro and/or squeeze with lime.
Leave a comment