We all have those mornings when we’ve hit the snooze button a few too many times. When “I woke up like this” looks nothing and feels nothing like how it appears on Instagram. If you’re wondering how to boost energy when tired, try these 5 simple tips to increase your energy levels, naturally (no coffee or artificially infused energy drinks needed):
Research demonstrates that cold temperatures support our body’s ability to generate energy. Think cryotherapy, but free. Before toweling off, turn the water temperature to cold for 30 seconds. As soon as you step out of the shower, embrace the chill and prepare to feel your energy levels rising!
We all know fluorescent lighting ages us. If you sit behind a desk for the majority of your day #workfromhomelife, do your body a favor, and go outside (social distancing, of course). Even 10 minutes of direct sunlight will rev your mitochondria and give you a noticeable boost of energy.
We’ve all been caught snacking mindlessly, eating anything to keep ourselves awake. It’s time we reach for a snack that’s designed to keep us energized, tastes delicious, and has significant nutritional value. Try our Cinnamon Cookie Dough ENERGY bar packed with energy-boosting superfoods & adaptogens, such as cordyceps, maca, and cinnamon, to put some pep in your step, naturally. Other foods to boost energy include: a handful of nuts, hardboiled eggs, and avocado toast.
We’re all about embracing reality here. As much as we’d love to be able to get that afternoon #athome workout in between our 11 AM meeting and 11:30 AM deadline, the truth is that sometimes, we only have a minute. This simple chest-opening stretch takes less than 60 seconds. Here’s how to do it:
- Sit up tall on the edge of your chair.
- Clasp your hands behind your back.
- Open up your chest and pull back your shoulders.
- Inhale and exhale several times embracing a deeper stretch each time.
You should start to feel refreshed & revitalized. Sometimes a deep breath & a simple stretch is all you need to wake up. How to boost energy when tired will become a thing of the past!
Think the only way to boost your energy levels is by taking control of your morning routine? Think again. Reexamine your nighttime routine. Are you setting yourself up for success the next day? Here are 3 simple and realistic ways to unwind right:
- Set a time to unplug and stick to it. Blue light is the enemy, and although sometimes we can’t avoid that last scroll through IG, try your best to maintain your “unplug goal.”
- Make your bedroom a sanctuary. Create an optimal sleep environment so you can fall asleep with ease. It’s best to keep your bedroom between 60-66 degrees Fahrenheit. Your bedroom should also be free from noise and light to help you fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for from your day. It can be as simple as getting kisses from your neighbor’s dog. Subconsciously, when you recap your day, your brain begins to unwind and grasp the understanding of a day’s end. This will keep your mind from racing so you can catch some better zzz’s.
Have you tried any of these strategies to increase your energy levels? Have some tips of your own to boost energy when tired? We want to hear your feedback. Tell us below how you stay energized, naturally.